Phil’s fitness journey started as a boxer. After several years of boxing, he decided to start coaching, initially with competitive boxers before branching out into personal training for recreational exercisers.
After some time as a personal trainer, Phil started his undergraduate degree in Applied Health and Exercise Science while continuing to help people reach their fitness goals. His degree primarily focused on exercise for performance, however, for the latter part of his academic training, his interests shifted towards exercise for health and exercise as Medicine. This passion continued into a MSc degree in Exercise Science and Medicine where he further developed knowledge and practice of adapting lifestyles to improve health and fitness.
Phil is currently working on a PhD at the Leicester Diabetes Centre. His research focuses on breaking up periods of sitting time with small bouts of physical activity to improve the physical function and metabolic health of individuals with type 2 diabetes.
At The Health Suite, Phil brings his unique knowledge of exercise and chronic disease to Personal Training sessions, geared toward those living with illness and looking for ways to benefit from exercise as medicine.
- BSc Applied Health and Exercise Science
- MSc Exercise Science and Medicine
- Level 3 Diploma Personal Training and Business Skills for Fitness Professionals
- Level 3 Diploma Exercise Referral
- Level 3 Award in Designing Pre- and Post-Natal Exercise Programmes
- NSCA Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist
- Level 4 Certificate in Physical Activity and Weight Management for Obese and Diabetic Clients
Book an appointment