Baby Weaning Course
At The Health Suite, we offer a baby weaning course - designed to support parents and equip them with the knowledge and confidence for weaning.
Being a new parent can sometimes be challenging. Receiving a constant stream of well-meaning but often conflicting advice – at a time when you are tired, isolated and finding your feet – can be difficult to process.
We know, from personal experience, that much of this advice results in anxiety and confusion around when and what to start feeding our babies.
Our friendly and experienced Dietitian, Jenny, aims to support mums and dads in weaning their babies onto food in a way that is evidence-based, safe and fun for all.
Food is fun, but it is also essential for all the mental and physical development your baby has to do.
This two-part course is designed to equip you with knowledge and increase your confidence about:
- When to start feeding your baby
- How to start feeding your baby
- How to identify the difference between coughing and choking
- What textures to feed at what times
- Oral health care
- Practical tips and recipes to take away
The course will be face-to-face in small groups, allowing valuable time to share information and support fellow new mums and dads. Please be assured the sessions will be informal – you can feed, play with or walk around with your babies as you need to.
Between the two sessions, you can book a free 15-minute telephone consultation with Jenny to chat through any questions or concerns you may have.
The goal at the end of this course is to have a happy, well-fed baby. We really believe that if you are happy, confident and relaxed about this journey, your baby will be too.
We would be delighted to share this important journey with you, to help make it fun, and to pave the way for excellent nutrition and dietary habits for life.
Meet the team
Booking and pricing
Our weaning course:
- Two 45 minute face-to-face group sessions
- Initial session – when baby is around 4-6 months old
- Second session – when baby is around 8-10 months old
- 15-minute phone consultation between sessions
- Written tips and recipes to take away
Book an appointment